Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-14-2011, 06:06 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Alittle confused

Hey, I just started getting into some corals. The guy at the store gave me ESV B-Ionic calcium buffer system, component no.1 alkalinity and component no. 2
I guess I should have asked him more questions about it but of coarse I thought I could figure it out on my own. Hahaha. Do you really have to use this every single day??

shamrock13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to hackteck
well you should check your calcium and alkalinity before you use these you probably dont even need them most of those additives arent needed with regular water changes

hackteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 06:38 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
They way you determine how much you need is by monitoring your levels between water changes (pH, Cal) with frags you shouldn't need much. Once you have determined how much your tank is consuming you can set up a drip method that adds close to the same amount that is being consumed. If your Cal is going from say 400 down to 350 and then with a water change goes back to 400, you probably don't need to start dosing yet. But if you Ca starts to drop and not come back up with water changes then it is time to start dosing. The biggest thing when you start adding stuff to your tank is to monitor the parameters closely.
Sometimes life is best left to it's own devices.
If your not happy at what you're looking at, you're looking at it the wrong way.
My 320g tank build in progress watch at ---> http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f71/320g-build-journey-experiment-128784.html
Greenmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com