Alittle confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shamrock13

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey, I just started getting into some corals. The guy at the store gave me ESV B-Ionic calcium buffer system, component no.1 alkalinity and component no. 2
I guess I should have asked him more questions about it but of coarse I thought I could figure it out on my own. Hahaha. Do you really have to use this every single day??

well you should check your calcium and alkalinity before you use these you probably dont even need them most of those additives arent needed with regular water changes

They way you determine how much you need is by monitoring your levels between water changes (pH, Cal) with frags you shouldn't need much. Once you have determined how much your tank is consuming you can set up a drip method that adds close to the same amount that is being consumed. If your Cal is going from say 400 down to 350 and then with a water change goes back to 400, you probably don't need to start dosing yet. But if you Ca starts to drop and not come back up with water changes then it is time to start dosing. The biggest thing when you start adding stuff to your tank is to monitor the parameters closely.

Back
Top Bottom