alk ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flame82

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey just got done test alk in my 30 which actually is pretty high at 5.37 and is suppose to be 2.9 according to sailfert test i used so is this going to hurt anything i have fish and leather toadstools in the tank and the reason i have started test for everything besides the basics is i would like to start adding additional corals in the future so is the alk a problem and if so how to change it ?

Normally water changes will bring things back into equilibrium. Most mixes are pretty on the spot with alk but calcium will vary. Are you using tapwater as a source?

ya unfortuntley that was my first tank and for the first year i just tap so i have the alk problem and phosphate problem besides that everything is good. i have a nice ro/di unit that produces 0 ppm and started using this water in the tank for about three weeks now. so i probably just let the water dilout itself over time until i need to start dripping caulk, since i am not in any big hurry to add corals probably not till after christmas. thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom