Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-22-2003, 10:54 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

i think your levels are fine. I wouldnt rely so much on the "correct" levels. PH 7.9/Alk 4.?/Ca 460-- sounds pretty good to me. How do your animals look? That is usually a better methodology than just trying to reach some magical numbers. Of course if you are way out of whack then you need to take action, but I think you are fine. JMO

Old 12-22-2003, 12:16 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jks1
i think your levels are fine. I wouldnt rely so much on the "correct" levels. PH 7.9/Alk 4.?/Ca 460-- sounds pretty good to me. How do your animals look? That is usually a better methodology than just trying to reach some magical numbers. Of course if you are way out of whack then you need to take action, but I think you are fine. JMO
Thanks for the vote of confidence, jks1.
The animals have all looked fine from the start - that was what was bugging me, the test kit said one thing, the animals said another. In fact I was watchin the creatures last night and notice one of the skunk shrimp was 'with eggs'. I've got a zillion snails - they seem to be breeding like crazy and I'm a tad supsicious about the pair of Perculas - think that love might be in the air there, as well!

The experience did teach me a whole bunch about the complex ballet between Calcium, Alk and Ph though - plus I have gotten my calcium and Alk pretty much in balance for the first time.
Thanks for all the advice and I'll keep you posted..

Andy.

Tags
calcium, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com