Alk wont budge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Okay, did my sunday water change (14 gal. every sunday Reefcrystals) and I got an alk reading of 10 (salifert) I does 60ml of bionic yesterday and 30 today. I usually dose 60ml after a change to boost it up around 11.0 and 30ml a day keeps it around 11.0. My problem is that it hasn't budged from 10 despite the heavier dose yesterday, and thats fairly unusual. Do I need to be alarmed or anything? Anyone have suggestions? My CAL is around 425 so I am a little out of whack. PH moves around 8.2 - 8.4

Thanks, if additional info is required im ready to supply.

A balanced alk with 425 CA is 9.1 for perfect balance, I think what you have is fine and so long as it doesn't drop, I wouldn't worry about trying to raise it any more, without a corresponding rise in CA.

okay, i'll keep tracking it over the next couple days (I still test CAL and ALK every morning LoL) and see where it goes. I'll update this post if I run into anymore confusion. Thanks Kevin.

I agree with Kevin that you don't have an ALK problem. You might want to test your Magnesium level though if a larger dose didn't increase alk.

Back
Top Bottom