All in 1 additives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LdIZzY

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know a good all in 1 additive to add in the my reef tank? I'm trying to have the least possible management into my reef.

Only all in one method to replenish everything I know of would be water changes. Dripping kalkwasser is pretty handy at maintaining your KH and calcium but it doesn't take care of magnesium.

2-Part is 2 parts for a reason.... Unless you have a tank that consumes alk & calc at a perfectly equal rate, with an "all-in-one" you will eventually wind up overdosing one of the two.
I just started dosing because my digitata's & LPS's are alk hogs, but don't consume as much calcium, so I can adjust my daily dose of each as necessary.

Phranque said:
2-Part is 2 parts for a reason.... Unless you have a tank that consumes alk & calc at a perfectly equal rate, with an "all-in-one" you will eventually wind up overdosing one of the two.
I just started dosing because my digitata's & LPS's are alk hogs, but don't consume as much calcium, so I can adjust my daily dose of each as necessary.

Good point... So what brand do you recommend?

I believe the one that is brought up most often is B-Ionic, but I'm making my own 2-part far cheaper (a gallon of each for a total of about $2). Generally the instructions are to use the exact same amount of both parts at all times, but there's a bunch of very experienced guys in my local club who vary the independent doses to fit their needs..... though usually not more than about 10%-15%. It's just enough to slowly bring one level up without sending the other through the roof.

I believe the one that is brought up most often is B-Ionic, but I'm making my own 2-part far cheaper (a gallon of each for a total of about $2). Generally the instructions are to use the exact same amount of both parts at all times, but there's a bunch of very experienced guys in my local club who vary the independent doses to fit their needs..... usually not more than about 10%-15%. It's just enough to slowly bring one level up without sending the other through the roof.

What are you using and where are you buying it? I would consider making my own cheap additives in the future after extensive research.

Oh well guess I'll have to try this once my B-ionic supplement runs out! Thanks for the link and info.

Back
Top Bottom