All tangs that can live in a 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do eventually plan on adding a sump or fuge but i have a feeling that my wallet will need to recuperate from setting the main s up haha I'm going to look for good deals on Craigslist so I might get lucky an find a deal that has one. If I don't then I'll be buying new, but on the bright side, I can get a good deal on sand,rock, ect. So the cansiter will only be a short term solution

Already have a ro/di filter, test kits, and Home Depot lights.

Also I think I'm going with the yellow eye, they have came highly recommend so gar

Harlequin tusk be a good center piece. There awesome predators and I adore them but I'm confused min tank size. I've read from 55 to 90. Would it attack it bully the tang

They get to be a decent size, and I'm not sure I would go as small as 90g. We had one in a 300g years ago and it really used all of the space to cruise around. 90 could work, you'd just want to keep an eye on it when it gets full size. Ours was a model citizen, but it had lots of room. No way in a 55g, IMO.

They get to be a decent size, and I'm not sure I would go as small as 90g. We had one in a 300g years ago and it really used all of the space to cruise around. 90 could work, you'd just want to keep an eye on it when it gets full size. Ours was a model citizen, but it had lots of room. No way in a 55g, IMO.

Hmm, yeah, I know they get pretty large an I knew that a 55g was pretty questionable. I love it's oddball look, but don't wanna cramp it.

I wanted a harlequin tusk as well for my 90g but I'm thinking it is too small. But maybe in the bigger tank i am building. :)

As for the white tailed bristletooth tang, I have been on liveaquarias wait list for over 2 years for one and they have never come into stock. Not one lfs I know, and trust me, thats alot of them, has even heard of them let alone able to get one. I settled for a blue eyed tang for the 90g instead. Beautiful fish but he is a nasty fish. he torments the aggressive wrasses I have in there sometimes. Based on that I wouldnt mix him with a regular community fish tank. He does ok cause of the aggressive fish I have already in there but not sure how he would respond to less aggressive fish.

If you think he's aggressive, I will loan you my clown tang. That fish takes no prisoners. Not easy to raise, but beautiful and aggressive.

Always wanted to raise a clown tang. He lives with a bunch of coral, a rabbit fish and a green mandarin. He bugs the rabbit fish some but the rabbit fish knows he won't mess with him too much once his spines stand up. He is crazy active, more so than any of my other tangs. He has doubled in size in 6 months. But he still has his juvenile coloration.

Would there be any oddballs beside the marine beta that can get along with smaller
Fish like firefish and such

What about good ole clownfish. In my opinion a must have for any saltwater tank ( provided they aren't food for predatory fish) full of personality And if you get them hosting an anemone it is always cool to watch them roll in it. There are some really cool patterned designer clowns available.

What about good ole clownfish. In my opinion a must have for any saltwater tank ( provided they aren't food for predatory fish) full of personality And if you get them hosting an anemone it is always cool to watch them roll in it. There are some really cool patterned designer clowns available.

Yep, I'm adding a pair, I already have one tht I love (wiggles lol) so no off ball predators for me

Ok so how about gobies? I had a couple orange spot diamond gobies that were awesome (lost them in a tank crash) kept the sand bed spotless. Also a big fan of engineer gobies. They tend to hide but look just like an eel and are reef safe, only concern is that they can topple rock if its not stable. Easy to avoid if your rock is placed on the glass bottom then sand added around it. Wrasses are also nice looking but beware cause alot are not reef safe. I had a mccoskers wrasse (also lost in the crash) and he was awesome. Very colorful and always leisurely cruising the rock work.

Ok so how about gobies? I had a couple orange spot diamond gobies that were awesome (lost them in a tank crash) kept the sand bed spotless. Also a big fan of engineer gobies. They tend to hide but look just like an eel and are reef safe, only concern is that they can topple rock if its not stable. Easy to avoid if your rock is placed on the glass bottom then sand added around it. Wrasses are also nice looking but beware cause alot are not reef safe. I had a mccoskers wrasse (also lost in the crash) and he was awesome. Very colorful and always leisurely cruising the rock work.

I'm going for a school of fire fish and mabye a Midas. I'm thinking about a blue spotted jaw fish and I don't rally know if a orange spot an a blue spot would get along

I wanted a harlequin tusk as well for my 90g but I'm thinking it is too small. But maybe in the bigger tank i am building. :)

As for the white tailed bristletooth tang, I have been on liveaquarias wait list for over 2 years for one and they have never come into stock. Not one lfs I know, and trust me, thats alot of them, has even heard of them let alone able to get one. I settled for a blue eyed tang for the 90g instead. Beautiful fish but he is a nasty fish. he torments the aggressive wrasses I have in there sometimes. Based on that I wouldnt mix him with a regular community fish tank. He does ok cause of the aggressive fish I have already in there but not sure how he would respond to less aggressive fish.

Hey Carey I'm not sure if this is what you're refering to as a "white tail tomini" but I've had one for a few months and this place has them in stock.
Bristletooth Tomini Tang | Vivid Aquariums | Buy Online

Back
Top Bottom