All tangs that can live in a 75

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nah not that one. lol I have one already, thats a tomini tang. :) The tang I'm looking for is red with a white tail, similar to the chevron without the price tag.

Nah not that one. lol I have one already, thats a tomini tang. :) The tang I'm looking for is red with a white tail, similar to the chevron without the price tag.

Those are hard to come by. You should check out a Blue Eye Tang, also called Two Spot Bristletooth. Blue Zoo Aquatics recently had them on sale for $27. White tails are nice...and rare.

I was looking for the Whitetail Bristletooth Tang as well. Talked to the regional importer and he says they are rarely coming out of the Red Sea any more and shipping alone will be well over $100. Then add the cost of the fish, and with supply and demand, I would suspect it would be over $200. Too bad too.

I was looking for the Whitetail Bristletooth Tang as well. Talked to the regional importer and he says they are rarely coming out of the Red Sea any more and shipping alone will be well over $100. Then add the cost of the fish, and with supply and demand, I would suspect it would be over $200. Too bad too.

You could order from live aquaria, it looks like they are $40. That would have shipping as well but it would be far cheaper than what you found.

I just figured out where the information is about if they have it in stock, I have never ordered from them I just use it as a reference. Good luck on your search.

I've been on the wait list at liveaquaria for over two years for that tang, lol.

And I also have a blue eyed tang as well already! He is a nasty little fellow but very pretty. :)

Yeah, this blue eyes can be mean little buggers from what I read.
So guess what?
My 45 FW busted and all my fish are currently living in a tub. I've sealed this tank up twice and let it set for a week each time and it still busts, so my money will be going toward a new tank for that now. Mabye one day I'll get my 75

I've been on the wait list at liveaquaria for over two years for that tang, lol.

And I also have a blue eyed tang as well already! He is a nasty little fellow but very pretty. :)

Called around and a local store here has a white tail for sale for $325 lol it's 2-3" and they have an aberrant tang for $1200 5" or so. That's why we started our store. These people are ripping locals and tourist off with these prices. I called my supplier and they said they could get me an abberant for $240 my cost. So that's a ~600% mark up. But they do take really good care of their tanks and fish I must say. We had a little **** take a pocket knife to our 600 gallon acrylic show tank yesterday. His mom wasn't too happy when we showed her the break down of the cost to repair it. Hopefully for her it won't be too deep to buff out. Luckily I don't spend much time at the store and have good employees to keep a good look out.

Tang-Police.jpg

I just read a good article about Tangs and the Space they need. I thought I would post it here being this is about Tangs. :p

http://coralmagazine-us.com/content/arrested-tang-police-i-refuse-confess

Most aren't trying to be tank police, just repeating what they have read or been told. My experience gives me the theory that even if a tang is rated for a 180 minimum tank size then you can still over crowd them by putting too many large tangs in the minimum size. I've got my eyes on an Achilles tang but can't bite the bullet on one.

I put my first tang into my 110g tank, and he hardly ever stops swimming. They are SWIMMERS more than anything else i have. He may only be 2.5" and not much bigger than most of the other fish, but I'm glad i obeyed the Tang laws. The tank recommendation is there for a good reason.
Some fish host, some fish hide, but some fish cruise. The accepted tank recommendations are good.

To the OP, this may have nothing to do with you and is not a targeted post. Just wanted to share something I've noticed

Back
Top Bottom