Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 09-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
All tangs that can live in a 75

I'm curious, that's all. I'm looking for a 75 deal on Craigslist for SW. I want two tangs if possible but ones that can live there full life happy an healthy in a 75. Please don't go tang police, I'm not talking about yellow or blue hippos.
__________________

__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ingy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Comox, BC, Canada
Posts: 1,837
Although 2 tangs in a 75 might be pushing it, most Bristletooth Tangs (but not all) as well as Kole Yellow eye are suitable for the 4 ft tank.
__________________

__________________
Ingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Rutrag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingy View Post
Although 2 tangs in a 75 might be pushing it, most Bristletooth Tangs (but not all) as well as Kole Yellow eye are suitable for the 4 ft tank.
+1 to this. The kole (sometimes called yellow eye) and tomini (sometimes called flame fin) are probably your best choices. However, they are from the same genus and I tend to think two, even of different species, will fight relentlessly until one is dead in a 75.
__________________
It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labelling.
Rutrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutrag View Post

+1 to this. The kole (sometimes called yellow eye) and tomini (sometimes called flame fin) are probably your best choices. However, they are from the same genus and I tend to think two, even of different species, will fight relentlessly until one is dead in a 75.
Alright, I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday haha. I'll look An do research on all species suggested an pick one. Mabye get a coral beauty angel instead. It's going to be a fowlr cause I don't have the money for them haha
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post

Alright, I didn't know that. Learn something new everyday haha. I'll look An do research on all species suggested an pick one. Mabye get a coral beauty angel instead. It's going to be a fowlr cause I don't have the money for them haha
The Kole is the best bet IMO. A coral beauty is also a good choice. Any dwarf angelfish may peck at some corals, or may not. It's just luck. But the beauty is the best choice.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post

The Kole is the best bet IMO. A coral beauty is also a good choice. Any dwarf angelfish may peck at some corals, or may not. It's just luck. But the beauty is the best choice.
Yep, got to be be careful. Can't afford coral led lights for a 75. Haaha I how would this sound as a stocking list

1x kole yellow eye tang or a white tail bristle tooth
1x coral beauty or a red stripe angel
6x cardinalfish or firefish
1x blue spot jaw fish or a red head Solon fairy wrasse

Would that be max stocking?
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
Posts: 900
Send a message via AIM to Breakthecycle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post
Yep, got to be be careful. Can't afford coral led lights for a 75. Haaha I how would this sound as a stocking list

1x kole yellow eye tang or a white tail bristle tooth
1x coral beauty or a red stripe angel
6x cardinalfish or firefish
1x blue spot jaw fish or a red head Solon fairy wrasse

Would that be max stocking?
I don't think you're close to being maxed out.
__________________
Breakthecycle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gregcoyote's Avatar



Tank of the Month Award
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Columbia, Missouri
Posts: 8,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgthebeast View Post

Yep, got to be be careful. Can't afford coral led lights for a 75. Haaha I how would this sound as a stocking list

1x kole yellow eye tang or a white tail bristle tooth
1x coral beauty or a red stripe angel
6x cardinalfish or firefish
1x blue spot jaw fish or a red head Solon fairy wrasse

Would that be max stocking?
I think it's a fine start. If everything goes well there are other fish or shrimp you could add as your filtration stabilizes for this first group. I wouldn't add everything at once.
__________________
Gregcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:41 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregcoyote View Post

I think it's a fine start. If everything goes well there are other fish or shrimp you could add as your filtration stabilizes for this first group. I wouldn't add everything at once.
Yep, big filtration. As much as I can get. Might not do a sump. Lots of live rock an sand. A fulval canister, a aqua clear hob, an two seprate smaller skimmers on each side if the tank. Hmm, I love my inverts haha. So lots of hermits and snails and starfish.

How many cleaner shrimp could I have, if possible, I would like a blood red and a skunk shrimp. Also, could u had a flasher wrasse, or would that cause trouble with the other wrasse?
__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
cgthebeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In a house
Posts: 3,085
Also any ideas in equipment, stocking, ect. Feel free to post
__________________

__________________
36 gallon fresh water

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.