Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2009, 11:30 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Alright, darned crab.

So I have A few select corals, and one of the corals is rather on a small piece of a rock. I keep having the issue of my emerald crab grabbing pieces off the rock and knocking it over onto the sand. Which can't be good. Is there any solution to this? The other two corals I have are bigger however they have partially the same issue; but not nearly as much. The one with zoa's has only been knocked off once and from its current position it isnt going anywhere.

Old 05-16-2009, 11:43 AM   #2
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you are happy with the placement and the coral seems to be doing well in that location, you can glue or epoxy the rock in place.

I have a Pistol Shrimp that redecorates every week or so. It was driving me NUTS! lol

Old 05-16-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Unfortunately with the way my rock is positioned at the moment I am kind of limited on positioning. I do like its current position so I think that's what I will do. Any specific epoxy I need to look for?

Can't wait to find a 90g w/ overflow tank. Bah!
Old 05-16-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
HN1
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm sure there are other (and possibly cheaper) options, but I went with this one. I bought it locally so I paid a bit more, but needed it quickly.

HoldFast Epoxy Stick
Old 05-16-2009, 12:08 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HN1 View Post
I'm sure there are other (and possibly cheaper) options, but I went with this one. I bought it locally so I paid a bit more, but needed it quickly.

HoldFast Epoxy Stick
Thanks. Price isnt really bothering me.

Tags
crab

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com