alveopora and clownfish symbiotic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zippy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just curious has anyone had a clownfish have a symbiotic relationship with an alveopora?? My female clownfish is " nestling " into the alveoporar a fairly large specimen. she ignored the anemone purple tipped sebae which is doing well also -We bought the anemone an anemone crab and both are pals now!! Thanks--!

I've not seen it, but have heard of clowns adopting goniporas as a host. This is usually detrimental to the gonis, since alveaporas tend to suffer the same fates as goniporas in the same ways, I don't think it is a good idea.

I have a three spot Damsel that is hosting my Gonipora and when he touches the polyps they retract, so they never get a chance to fully extend. Subsequently, the coral started to dye off around the edges, then it had that brown jelly crap that was taking over the whole thing. I thought it was a goner for sure, but I siphoned off and blew off the brown jelly with a pipette until it didn't come back. I also moved it into a very high flow area. Now to my suprise it appears to be coming back. The polyps extend way out and it even appears to be regrowing on the skeleton?? Is that possible? The damsel has taken to the elegance coral and my long tentacle plate coral, instead of the gonipora,since its been in a higher flow area, so I think that may have something to do with the recovery. I think if things would have went on the way they were for my gonipora it would have died for sure.
Alveopora is supposed to be more hardy than gonipora too!! Man I love these corals but they're so touchy :wink:

Back
Top Bottom