Always use a drip loop....... :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
WOW sorry to see that :cry: , I don't have a drip loop on my pro heat II, gonna go do that right now.

The breaker tripped and I found my beautiful WON pro II all wet and smelly...
Sorry about the loss.. It is a pretty commonly overlooked thing and usually one only learns the hard way.. Look at it on the bright side.. at least you have a gfci socket otherwise it could have been much worse like a house or room..

James

What kind of breaker panel do you have? It should have tripped long before there was any damage.

I installed a new Square D panel in my basement a few months ago. The breakers in that trip so quick that a blown lightbulb provides enough of a current spike to trip one. Supposedly you can stick a fork in an outlet and not even get burnt due to their speed. Not that I'm going to try that or anything, but that kind of reliability is nice to know about.

Jim

Square D... I think it's a 20 amp servicing that wall. The electronics in the WON box didn't have a chance when they met that saltwater. They probably POPPED about 1/10th of a second before the breaker did LOL.

You must have the new new kind of panel?... the panel we put in was just standard issue Square D residential. I will stick a fork in that outlet tonight and see how fast it is 8O ZAP!

At least there wasnt a fire or a cloud of stinky smoke.

Sigh.. well at least I can get the 350W WON pro II digitals for $49 including shipping. :p

yaksplat said:
Supposedly you can stick a fork in an outlet and not even get burnt due to their speed. Not that I'm going to try that or anything, but that kind of reliability is nice to know about.

Chicken. Come on, all of the cool kids are doing it. I've heard that, and I just want to know if it's true.

sometimes its hard to find a place to put the tank so you can make a drip loop. Luckily i have my outlet around the side of the tank so water would have to literally go around a corner to get to my plugs. Im thinkin about fabricating a cover for my powerbar from acrylic with rubber gaskets to stop a water drip. One trick you can try is to tie one of those garbage bag ties around your cord and leave part of it so its leading off the cord, should stop any drips running down the cord.

Yes I do, I have used ebos forever (and still do, here and there) and very much like the ebos but these WON pros are very powerful, relatively unbreakable, and the remote temp setting and LCD display is very nice. I very much like the WON pros.

THe titanium makes me comfortable in the SW tanks because of rampaging starfish and mantises and crabs and crazy stuff that happens in a SW as I am finding out.

Oh and yes very accurate, and reliable too unless you drip a bunch of salwater onto the control box. :?

Hi guys, here's an unpleasant followup :(

foryourfish@aol.com seller (a power seller on ebay no less!) has just exceeded my expectations as a rude, angry seller.

This is a great example of how lots and lots of business makes some people think they can treat customers like dog food.

Keep in mind that I wanted to purchase ONE heater. Also remember that I also purchased my last 350W won pro from this guy! I am a seasoned ebayer with a perfect profile and hundreds of successful transactions. But mr. poopy here sees fit to shoot himself in the foot.

Here's the transcripts: (this is the very first email I received)

foryourfish:

YOU HAVE PURCHASED TWO UNITS BUT PAID FOR ONE. E-BAY IS NOT A JOKE AND WE WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL BOTH ITEMS ARE PAID FOR. NO EXCEPTION.

THANK YOU.

me:
Sir, I only want one unit. I checked prices on 2 other heaters but selected only one. So I would imagine that this is how the error happened. My sincerest apologies if I caused a problem.

I urge you to look at my flawless profile before accusing me of misdealing. It frustrates me to receive an angry, shouting email from someone accusing me of cheating/stealing. I also do not appreciate you telling me that "ebay is not a joke".
This is obviously a mistake and I request an apology from you for your aggressive tactics. Also note that I have ordered from you before.

foryourfish
There is nothing we can do for you. It is your error not e-bay. You can send $4.00 via paypal which will cover e-bay fees etc. Otherwise we will not accept your order.
A sorry does not have any meaning for us when a buyer makes intentional mistake. We are sick and tired with this types of stupid acts.
Thank you.

What a great guy!

Anyway, just wanted to spread the word..... watch out for this seller.

[/b]

Back
Top Bottom