Am i cycling wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sleepswith fish has an excellent point on aggression, when the fish are stressed they are more likely to be aggressive.

Yeah I don't meen to be harsh but it's the truth. No angel can go in a 20 gallon. BUT, trust me man you can create a BEAUTIFUL reef set up. In fact with a tank that size i would make the main attraction the reef and not as much the fish. I would sit and watch a reef tank with little to no fish over a fish only tank any day. But maybe that's just me. I can see your tank as a great reef set up with maybe 2-3 fish and some sps and Lps if you have the right light fixture. I know how it feels to not get the fish you want(we all wish we could have tangs in our small tanks) but nature is nature and it's our job to make our tanks as natural and friendly to the fish as possible. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.:)

I love watching my inverts, and seriously cannot wait for some shrimp!!! they are so interesting. fighting conch has like an elephant trunk, the amphipods carrying pieces of food thats like the size of them. Then the crabs and such, most of them dont appreciate fast movement, but its very interesting. plus with corals and such it can be an absolutely beautiful tank without the coloration from fish.

As a underwater photographer, I found the tiniest things on the reef were always the most interesting. I would watch divers peddling around the reef chasing off fish, while I would wait until they left and everything came back out. Every inch of a natural reef is alive. A small artificial reef shouldn't be all about fish, but the smaller critters.

as a underwater photographer, i found the tiniest things on the reef were always the most interesting. I would watch divers peddling around the reef chasing off fish, while i would wait until they left and everything came back out. Every inch of a natural reef is alive. A small artificial reef shouldn't be all about fish, but the smaller critters.

+100000000

Gregcoyote said:
As a underwater photographer, I found the tiniest things on the reef were always the most interesting. I would watch divers peddling around the reef chasing off fish, while I would wait until they left and everything came back out. Every inch of a natural reef is alive. A small artificial reef shouldn't be all about fish, but the smaller critters.

+10000006

I was fortunate enough to dive in the great barrier reef over the summer and the fish were great but the sps corals and the crabs and snails were amazing. I even saw an eel and a reef shark.

Lol I agree with the two above. It's kind of gaudy with a bunch of big fish if you know what I mean. Inverts and things like feather dusters are cool to me.

after doing independednt reasearch, i still may get the angel, if you were to get it would you add the mushrooms or angel first?

i added a gramma and some mushrooms today, pics to come!!!

i love the gramma and have room for 2 more fish, how would you stock???

If you are going to do two for sure I would check out a watchman goby, and a firefish.

TLTGF said:
If you are going to do two for sure I would check out a watchman goby, and a firefish.

I agree with the watchman goby, they are pretty cool. Firefish arent my thing but they have attitude If you like that in a fish

Six fish? I would say IMO that a (20) is stocked with (3-4) fish and pushing hard on overstocked at (5).

Please don't get that many.. Especially with the angel you really want, which shouldnt be in there altogether. It's just a bad idea to have that many. Your nitrates will skyrocket and it will just cause problems

im gonna get the angel and 1 other fish, suggestions welcomed

You shouldnt cycle your tank with fish. Let it cycle a month with live rock and live sand

Back
Top Bottom