Am i cycling wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here they are

Attachments

• clown black.jpg
    clown black.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 111
  • clown orange.jpg
    clown orange.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 157
This is how I'm gonna fill out the tank.
7 mushrooms and a lobster
Royal gramma
A bleny or goby
1 more fish

Nice:) if your looking for stock ideas what about
1 royal gramma
And a yellow watchman goby with a pistol shrimp?

oh my lfs has three sets already paired up... Just waiting for my clown to finish qt-and my dt to arrive, but then I'll have a pair for sure, unless of course their sold...

the smallest tank size for lobsters that I know of require a 50gal. Flame lobsters are pretty reef safe, but mole lobsters like to eat cuc's. Spiny lobsters are huge, like 40inches, and slippers are like a foot long, both eat anything the get near fish, shrimp clams and snails.

unless im mistaken your 20 is a bit small for even a reef. I can only find one source that details tank size, it my marine invertebrate book by dr shimek. it lists teh reef lobster as 50gal min.

I heard it would be ok if I have a cave and lots of live rock which I do.

A lobster looks cool and all that .But once you put one in a reef tank you will be lucky to ever see it.I have had two in two different tanks over the years and the only time I ever saw them was with a red lens flashlight when the tank was dark.

but dont add many at first, keep adding them as your tank matures or you notice they aren't keeping up... otherwise you'll just starve them and thats not nice

do you think wendsday is to soon to add a gramma and which lobster do you think is better?

Back
Top Bottom