Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 PM   #51

why would i need to redose?

Old 10-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

If you have a small amount of bacteria they will convert some but not all the ammonia and nitrite which will it cause it to go down slightly. If you keep bringing it back up to 4 ppm it will help the bacteria reproduce quicker which in turn will speed up your cycle. Just remember, you want to be able to take it from 4 ppm down to 0 in 24 hours.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:01 PM   #53

so say this time tomorow, we determine that i am cycled, and i do my water change, can i get fish friday, also should i put in the ammonia with an area of a lot of flow?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:30 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacheyp
so say this time tomorow, we determine that i am cycled, and i do my water change, can i get fish friday, also should i put in the ammonia with an area of a lot of flow?
If there are no living fish, corals or shrimp in the tank you can just dilute the ammonia in some water and add it. Remember to always pour ammonia into water, not the other way around and use eye protection. Just a few drops at first should do as previous posts recommended. If it processes the ammonia properly, you are ready to go. NOT TOO MANY FISH AT FIRST! One at a time with a interval between to allow the biology in the tank to increase for the new additions. This is critical with a small system. You can crash it in an instant by getting impatient. Small reefs are much harder to keep than big ones.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to kurtyboh Send a message via Skype™ to kurtyboh
the ammonia he's getting is already diluted, one drop brings one gallon up 2ppm.

because of this and the assurity you have more than five i would say 20 drops would be a good start. If you had 8% ammonia from ace it would be a different story and only 1-2 drops to get you up to where you want to be.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:37 PM   #56

tank is dosed, if tomorow night things look good i will do a 25percent a water change and if all stays good on friday 1 will get 5 hermits 5 snails 1 black and white clown, 1 regular clown
Old 10-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Addict

sound like an excellent plan
Old 10-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

As a chemistry minor in college, I heard pure ammonia. A premixed is a whole different matter. Still don't get it in your eyes...
Old 10-20-2011, 01:31 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

yeah he's got the stuff from dr. tims. I actually wish I would have known about this stuff when I cycled my tank. The only way i could get ammonia shipped was in a case... and if a bottle will cycle tanks for pretty much the rest of your life a case would be slight overkill
Old 10-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #60

Good news! The tank appears to be cycled. This morning 9 hours after dosing amo was 0 and trites were like 4!

Tags
cycling

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com