Am i cycling wrong?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
between those lobsters its going to be based on looks an dprice.

Didn't you just add a clown? wait a little longer before adding another.

i have 2 turbo snails but i have a lot of alage on the tank walls, any removal ideas

im not trying to get in a fight, just a question, because my tank isnt it more like a 30 gal?

I dont understand why a 20 is more like a 30?

you dont have a sump listed but if thats what your incuding you dont add sump space to your dt, as most fish requirements are based on swimming room, also on how much territory each species subsequently takes for itself. with your list the second part wont have much to play but its still a factor, you dont want your fish feeling as if they have no where to go without getting bothered by other fish.

it has the surface area of a 30, it just fits on a 30 gal stand, also, how will i know when my clowns are pairing

what are the dimensions?

my guess is its 30 1/4 x 12 1/2 x 12 3/4, which is the same as a 29gal. only 6" shorter, so you dont have the volume or space of a 30.

a 15gal has the same dimensions as a 30xtra tall. doesnt mean you should keep fish that require 30 gal. in it.

what do u think about the clowns pairing

dementions are
30x 12x 12

as long as one is a little bigger and their introduced at the same time it shouldnt be too much of a problem. there are times when 2 fish just dont get along though.

they can pair up over the course of a few days... sometimes longer, either way it will take a while before they start breeding.

the plan for the tank is as follows-
tomorow i will do a pwc
late this week i will get a royal gramma
in 2-3 weeks i will buy 7 mushroom frags
in 3-5 weeks, i will get 2 more fish
in a few months i will get a lobster
over the course of time i will make a cuc
how does this all sound?

well, the cuc is pretty important, you should add more as your tank matures, but you also dont want it to get out of hand, add a bunch then have some starve. You can add corals whenever you want, you dont really count the bioload of them and there's no real tank adjustment for them. I personally would wait another week for the gamma.

Just something to say about the 7 mushrooms.. You probably don't need that many. As long as you have decent lighting they will grow and split... Fast. You can also frag bigger ones. It will be kind of expensive to buy 7 instead of 4 and wait a few months to have more than 7. Maybe even sell some and make some money.

ya but at my lfs they are really exspensive and im just buying the pack from live aqueria.

Soo you could sell them to your lfs and make some more money. If you want that many mushrooms in your tank at once, then go ahead it won't hurt, but it sure would be nice o pay less and get more in my opinion even if it takes longer

Back
Top Bottom