Am I fully stocked? Opinions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bectan01

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wanted to get opinions as to whether I can add any more fish. I have a 4ft long 200L (about 55g) I have had 2 x b/w percs, a spotted puffer and a scooter blenny for about a year and a month ago added a decora firefish and a gold stripe cardinal. Am I fully stocked or have a got one more left? If so, what would you suggest?

Just wanted to get opinions as to whether I can add any more fish. I have a 4ft long 200L (about 55g) I have had 2 x b/w percs, a spotted puffer and a scooter blenny for about a year and a month ago added a decora firefish and a gold stripe cardinal. Am I fully stocked or have a got one more left? If so, what would you suggest?

Depends on fitration describe the fitration on this setup

Oh it's about a year and half old...

No fugi ? Hows nitrate adding to bioload will increase nitrate if all is good in that area i say go ahead add another smallone or two my buddy has 20 fish in a 90g and some are rather big fish but he has effective filtration for this, chaeto, biopellet reactor oversized skimmer

No fuge! Nitrates good, never more than 5ppm. What other small fish would go with what I've got? I should add that the fish i have are all but nearly full size...

Oh and my skimmer is oversized too ;)[/QUOTE
If you ever have rising nitrates then you may be at your max 15% adding fish will mean higher bioload meaning higher nitrate meaning higher waterchanges

I'd add one more small to medium sized (under 4 inch fully grown) fish.

What kind of skimmer do you have?

Back
Top Bottom