Am i stocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrwizard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone, after some opinions from you wise folk, I have a 90gallon 3x2x2 tank,current stock is
tomini tang
anthias fathead
chromis
engineer goby
starry blenny
Yellow wrasse and 1 clownfish, am I stocked already?
Every time I go to the Lfs I get the
'more flowers(corals)? Why can't we get a fish' talk from the other half. Is there anything else I could put in the tank to make her happy?
Any opinions will be great! And Ideas on fish if you like, I'm open to suggestions. Thank you.

crister13 said:
Who happy? I would say you can add a little more but the tomini may get too big for a 3' tank.

My gf lol. Any suggestions on fish? I'm after something I'm gonna see, nothing that hides alot. And I think I asked on here before on the tomini and got the green light to get it, if he gets too big I can always find him a suitable home.

I'm just letting you know that 3' is kids short for a tomini. Seems like you know what your talking about though. And it's your tank. But, for active fish, I would recommend a dwarf angel of some sort. You can't get triggers, angels, tangs, or larger wrasse so a dwarf angel would be your best bet.

How bout a Kole Tang? I'm getting one as my next addition once my 75 is up and running... They're active and great looking..

This tank is 3' long first of all, and second of all both tangs (kole and tomini, he already has a tomini) are in the same genus, ctenochaetus, so the existing tang will most likely harass the new one to death. Not a good idea.

I can see the issue of the second tang, but Koles have a 70 gal minimum. They don't require a 6' tank like a lot of other tangs.

crister13 said:
I'm just letting you know that 3' is kids short for a tomini. Seems like you know what your talking about though. And it's your tank. But, for active fish, I would recommend a dwarf angel of some sort. You can't get triggers, angels, tangs, or larger wrasse so a dwarf angel would be your best bet.

I thought dwarf angels were all Reef safe with caution? I really don't want to risk any of my corals I'll go check them out online tho, if I see anything I like ill post on here to get a 2nd opinion.

Benamayer said:
I can see the issue of the second tang, but Koles have a 70 gal minimum. They don't require a 6' tank like a lot of other tangs.

So do the tomini tangs but I can see where he's coming from, my tang loves to give off a burst of speed now and again, I predict an upgrade for me soon lol

And if you do a dwarf angel, a coral beauty would probably be the best option as they aren't as nippy as others like lemon peels or flames.

Benamayer said:
And if you do a dwarf angel, a coral beauty would probably be the best option as they aren't as nippy as others like lemon peels or flames.

Thanks, ill go take a look at them now.

I'm pretty sure they're still "with caution" but 2 LFS both told me the same thing about them. Actually 3 LFS now that I think about it...

Benamayer, im aware they don't need 6' tanks. I said 4'. He has a 3'. It's not the volume it's dimension. But yes I wasn't aware you had a bunch of corals. It's hit or miss with dwarf angels.

Yeah think I'll give the dwarf angels a miss, how about a mated pair of firefish? Any opinions?

That would look really awesome. Nice way to finish off the tank, but they're not real active. A lot they're jumpers if u dot have a top.

crister13 said:
That would look really awesome. Nice way to finish off the tank, but they're not real active. A lot they're jumpers if u dot have a top.

Ah mannnn! I haven't got a top but I have like a border round the top edge of my tank which is about 10" from the water surface, but then saying that my other clownfish made a jump for it a few weeks back, looks like more searching and researching for me lol

crister13 said:
Haha you could just put some eggcrate on top. What about a school or pair of cardinals?

That's a good shout, I've got loads of egg crate lying around, will it not effect my lights?
A school/pair of cardinals sounds cool, I thought they can be quite nasty if they want to be tho?
Gonna look into this more, I'm swaying towards the mated pair of firefish tho.

Cardinals are usually very slow moving docile species. Eggcrate will cut down oniony a little but it shouldn't have any bad effects at all.

crister13 said:
Cardinals are usually very slow moving docile species. Eggcrate will cut down oniony a little but it shouldn't have any bad effects at all.

Sweet! Think I'll go with the cardinals then, don't fancy having to lift the egg crate every day to feed lol. Thank you crister, you've been a great help!

Back
Top Bottom