Am I winning a battle??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crister13

Aquarium Advice Addict
Lot of people know my nitrates have been high. I just tested and it looks to be ~20. I don't have the card...... But does it?

Attachments

• image-4182017272.jpg
    image-4182017272.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 82
  • image-2715335326.jpg
    image-2715335326.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 86
Id say thats much higher than 20. 20 is orange. that looks almost red.

From API website.
Downloads; Pump and filter Instructions, Test Kit charts

nitratecolor2.jpg

It looks red in the pic. Thats weird. It's a lot more orange in person....... It looks exactly like 20 if in a very well lit area. Is that how your supposed to look at it?

Dude, do some research....
Once again from API's website.
http://www.americanaquariumproducts.com/downloads/Nitrate Test Directions.pdf
Read the test results by comparing the color of the solution to the appropriate Nitrate Color Card (choose either Fresh water or Salt water). The tube should be viewed in a well-lit area against the white area of the card. The closest match indicates the ppm (mg/L) of nitrate in the water sample.

I know it's in a well lit area but what I was wondering was if it would make a difference if you held it right up against the bulb because it looks like 20 when I do that and 30 when it's "well lit".

Lol just in a lit area not up against a light. Of corse that would make it lighter in color. I'd say your above 20. Probably in the 40 area.

Back
Top Bottom