Amazing or agitating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

czwicky

Aquarium Advice Freak
So you always hear how to have 2 pairs of clowns in a tank you need a larger tank. So this may amaze some people.

ForumRunner_20130929_171355.jpg

ForumRunner_20130929_171404.jpg

ForumRunner_20130929_171411.jpg

The above picture is my pairs of clarkii and true percula clowns in a BIOCUBE 29. these fish have been together for 5 weeks on the day, and actually seem to love it! They are all always together and love to blow bubbles at each other and catch them. The percs host my pagoda coral while the clarkiis host the frogspawn/hammer/torch directly above the pagoda. Please note these pictures were taken right at lights on so the corals are not Yet open. I have a 3 stripe damsel and the clownfish group up to fend him off when he gets pushy. It's quite hilarious IMO.
This may amaze some people or annoy others who knows. It may be just reallllly odd luck but I wanted to share my success with other reefers.
My current stock list includes:
-2x Clarkii Clowns
-2x True Percula clowns
-1x 3 stripe Damselfish
-1x Coral Beauty Angel
-1x Blue Mandarin Dragonette
-1x Rainsfords Goby
-1x Tiger Shrimp Goby
-1x Royal Gramma Basslet

As of today my parameters are as follows
Ammo: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
Salinity: 1.023
Phosphate: 0
Calcium: 450
Magnesium: 1400
Iodide: 0.05

Please give me your honest thoughts WITHOUT BASHING. I've heard the 1 inch per 5 gallons and stuff enough.
For anyone know cares to know I am upgrading to a 220g tank within the next 4-6 months.
Thanks in advance all!

That they are. They are quite entertaining haha. For the first week I had my perculas they hosted my orange digitata. Once I got my pagoda they fell in love instantly. They were trying to push my hand away from it as I was gluing it into the tank.

That is awesome. What I read Said once a female develops that is when problems happen. Not what I know, just what I heard. Keep us posted on the groups relationship. :)

My female clarkii is actually already laying eggs every 2 weeks. The pair of percs are also a mature breeding pair and have laid eggs once so far since they were added. We will see if problems arise but to date things have been better than expected.

My female clarkii is actually already laying eggs every 2 weeks. The pair of percs are also a mature breeding pair and have laid eggs once so far since they were added. We will see if problems arise but to date things have been better than expected.

That is great!

Sounds like you must have hit the lottery with clown temperament. Mine are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.....

Once one set starts laying eggs they will kill the others. Even in your 200. Good luck.

Mebbid I agree its pure luck. That comment made me laugh. That's how I feel about my damsel and I can't catch him. May order a commercial fish trap soon

And bige as was stated both females lay eggs. The clarkii once every 2 week's and the percs once since I got them

if I can catch 2 blue devil damsels in my 125....you can catch 1 damsel in your 29. just grab 5-6 nets (not kidding) and corner him.as for the clowns, congrats!! its very rare to see 2 pairs coexisting in a smaller tank. don't pay attention to the downers.

This gives me hope, I been stopping myself from adding another pair of clowns to my 55g. I might try someday when ive got a spare tank incase things go wrong.

Mebbid I agree its pure luck. That comment made me laugh. That's how I feel about my damsel and I can't catch him. May order a commercial fish trap soon

And bige as was stated both females lay eggs. The clarkii once every 2 week's and the percs once since I got them

I used a water bottle, cut the top off, invert in into the bottle, put food inside and let it sink. I caught all my fish in my 120 to treat for ICH. You tube has videos to make your own fish trap.

I used a water bottle, cut the top off, invert in into the bottle, put food inside and let it sink. I caught all my fish in my 120 to treat for ICH. You tube has videos to make your own fish trap.

Thats what worked for me. Tie some fishing line to it so you can snatch it out. Thats how I got my super ninja dottyback out.

I've been trying that but this damsel is a smart SoB and won't go in it. He hangs around the entrance and just sits there like a douche.

I've been trying that but this damsel is a smart SoB and won't go in it. He hangs around the entrance and just sits there like a douche.

How long did you wait? The longest it took me waiting was 20 minutes for one fish. If he won't go in that, than he might not go in a trap you spend money on!

Back
Top Bottom