Amino acid supplement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rmckoy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
image-3276574505.jpg

I was recommended to administer this supplement to my tank .
But reading it has copper and different minerals good or bad ?
Apparently it's very good for corals ,
Will help bring color back to a bleached anemone ,
I think I have something going good so far if I found watermelon zoas in the opposite ends of the tank .
I'm looking for good and bad if this supplement .
Opinions if we must call them .
Thanks guys !

Attachments

• image-1290437645.jpg
    image-1290437645.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 70
I was always told not to use additives unless I check the levels of it first. Some stuff if your system already has what it needs and you add more to it you can cause problems. I thought copper was bad for corals and inverts

Cal,alk,mag at the right levels salinity at least 1.025 keep up with your water changes and keep your phos and nitrates low and everything will be alright. The reason why it's not coloring up is that there's something wrong in the tank you need to find that out first your tank should have all it needs by you doing your water changes and keep your levels good.

Amino acids are usually used in ulns. This is used when there are very little nutrients available to coral. This will not help your nem. I would test your water. Start with calcium, alk and then nitrate and phosphate.

Cal,alk,mag at the right levels salinity at least 1.025 keep up with your water changes and keep your phos and nitrates low and everything will be alright. The reason why it's not coloring up is that there's something wrong in the tank you need to find that out first your tank should have all it needs by you doing your water changes and keep your levels good.

It bleached a few months ago when I went away for holidays and the timer failed leaving the lights on all weekend ( 4 days )
I came home and the water was TOO hot .
All parameters are good ,
1.025 SG
amm :0
Nitrite :0 ppm
Nitrate 5 ppm
Ph : 8.2
Temp : 79
Phos :0 ppm
I haven't checked calc
But KH : is 214.8 ppm ( 12 dkh )

It's a 75 gal .
I change 3-4" out of the tank every Saturday morning .
The only thing is I use municipal water ,
I haven't checked the TDS yet ,

image-1738830070.jpg

This is from sea chem web site
It's apparently for corals , fish .
And anemones .

I'd look into a ro system or buy water from a LFS. No telling what's in that water

A RO/DI system is the next purchase .
But I live in a apartment ,
I am wondering if there is a such thing as a portable rodi system that doesn't need to be plumbed into the water live permanently .
And only to produce about 20-30 gal a week .
The smallest I found was 75 gal /day

That will do nothing for your nem, pristine water and the proper lighting, what kind of lighting do you have?

Bleached Anemone:
The lost of color or “bleaching” is a result of the loss of an anemone’s zooxanthellae. This can happen for a number of reasons such as excessive temperature changes, excessive lighting, insufficient lightning, physical stress, excessive salinity, etc.
Just like corals, anemones use their zooxanthellae to feed on light. The other part of their nutrition comes from meat. Unfortunately, they cannot survive solely on captured prey as their primary source of energy. An anemone without zooxanthellae is usually on the brink of death so:

Bleaching can be reversed, but it takes commitment and time. First thing to do is to is to provide excellent water quality and optimal lighting. If you fear your light is too strong, you can simply reduce the photo period and increase the time slowly over a couple of weeks. This will allow the anemone to addapt. When the light is too strong, the anemone will usually hide from it. The anemone should also be feed in small quantities on a regular basis (3-4 times a week) until it’s color recovers. This will keep it from starving since it dosn’t have it’s symbiotic algae to help out.

Also the 75 gal. per day means that is the max. yield of filtered water per day. You can make as little a 8 ounce glass if you wanted

Thank you .
I thought I would have to make and store at least the 75 gal

Back
Top Bottom