Ammonia at 1.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

epaz

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello again before I begin yes my tank has fully cycled. I tested my water last night and my params were: nitrite 0 ammonia 1.0 ph 8.8 and nitrate 40. What aside from a large water change should be my course of action here? There is no visible sign of where the ammonia could be coming from and skimmer is functioning fine I also feed only every other day

What size tank and what fish are in there? Any dead spots? Any new additions. (live rock)? It is coming from something and if the tank is cycled, it should not stay above zero for long.

My stock is 2 occ. Clowns 1 yellow tang 1 purple dotty back and a damsel. I do have a couple Dead spots on the bottom that I'm working on powerhead placement. It is a 125g with a 30g sump and has been set up for roughly 8 mo

Is there anything I can add to get rid of them or just get more aggressive with my pwc? I currently do a 20% every other week

Not sure what brand of powerhead you have but you might look into a wavemaker that can be attached to it.

I have 3 korralia 1150's no controller yet though soon want to get rid of my T5's and get LED'S first

Back
Top Bottom