Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-24-2015, 03:43 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
ammonia not very high during cycle

I'm cycling my new red sea max c-130 and noticed that the ammonia level only reached about 2ppm before dropping and then the nitrites kicked in. The last time I did a cycle, my ammonia reached 5ppm before the nitrites started. The ammonia level is now going down and last night it was about .5ppm. Nitrites were 1ppm and nitrates were 5ppm. Everything is going in the right direction so I'm assuming the cycle is going well. What do you think? Used the fresh shrimp method by the way

sansouci01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 05:44 PM   #2
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion
I think that is just fine. One shrimp in a larger tank would t raise it as much as in a smaller tank, but 2 ppm is just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just set up my 29 five weeks ago. 45 pounds of dead white rock and one mabe one pound live rock. I also used a shrimp. The ammonia never really went up, and about two weeks i to cycling nitrites went up, dont remember the level. And they never showed any signs of going down. Well at four weeks to the day nitrites went to 0 overnight. And now at five weeks and 0 ammonia, 0 nitrates and three %20 water changes in five days nitrates are at 10. So.....my experience with this tank I would say you are on the right track
TK5028 is offline   Reply With Quote

ammonia, cycle

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com