ammonia not very high during cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm cycling my new red sea max c-130 and noticed that the ammonia level only reached about 2ppm before dropping and then the nitrites kicked in. The last time I did a cycle, my ammonia reached 5ppm before the nitrites started. The ammonia level is now going down and last night it was about .5ppm. Nitrites were 1ppm and nitrates were 5ppm. Everything is going in the right direction so I'm assuming the cycle is going well. What do you think? Used the fresh shrimp method by the way

I think that is just fine. One shrimp in a larger tank would t raise it as much as in a smaller tank, but 2 ppm is just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I just set up my 29 five weeks ago. 45 pounds of dead white rock and one mabe one pound live rock. I also used a shrimp. The ammonia never really went up, and about two weeks i to cycling nitrites went up, dont remember the level. And they never showed any signs of going down. Well at four weeks to the day nitrites went to 0 overnight. And now at five weeks and 0 ammonia, 0 nitrates and three %20 water changes in five days nitrates are at 10. So.....my experience with this tank I would say you are on the right track

Back
Top Bottom