Amphipods/copepods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0o.Kelsey.o0

Aquarium Advice Addict
Will these little guys survive a cycle? I am waiting on liverock to come in at my LFS for my pico, in the meantime i took a cured piece of LR and placed it in the tank. I want to also add a piece from my sump to introduce more copepods and amphipods but not if they will be killed during the cycle.

*edit* I know that obviously some will survive the cycle but will most die I guess is my question. Or are they not really affected by the cycle at all?

Thanks!

Based on my experience, they are tough critters. Where are you in the cycle? They survived through the cycle and huge sg spikes in my previous tank not that I would recommend testing them. I believ that if you can control your cycle a bit, they will manage. Just realized you didn't mention if they are in your tank or in bottle waiting to be added?

They are currently in my 40 gallon tank, the sump is crawling with them so i was just going to take a piece of rock from there. I'm not really anywhere in my cycle haha I just added the cured piece of liverock from an established tank and am waiting on more uncured liverock from the LFS (will be at least another week). I just figured I'd get my sand seeded with the piece I just put in, making my actual cycle quicker.

I'd wait till about a week or 2 into the cycle but that's just personal experience. I am certain the experts on AA will have a more bang on target.

I bet they'll survive. I have A lot of Copepods in my cycling tank, and they have survived ammonia from 4.0-8.0 ppm.

Back
Top Bottom