Amquel plus false reading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
i know it gives false reading, but its saying my tap water is 0 ammonia, high nitrite, same nitrate(40), and very low ph?

tap water unconditioned should be

little more than 0 ammonia, slight green tint (with amquel plus its compltely yellow)

0 nitrite(very high with amquel plus? false?)

20-40 ppm(has not changed, only reason i want amquel plus)

ph is 7.4, ive never seen it this low, should be 8.4 or so

scared to add just 1 gallon of this

What gives a false reading? Api test kits? Check the expiration date. In the other hand, I've also heard that dosing with amquel does give false readings. Test before and after dosing. I personally use prime, because of how concentrated it is. Saves money in the long run

yeah i cant take it anymore, my water evaporates so fast now that i am hoodless, i have to top off with crappy tap water to lower my salinity and it also has really low ph

is this ro unit ok ?
0ppm Portable 100GPD Reverse Osmosis Ro Di Filtration | eBay
price is good and for what i get is this enough

" This system will start to generate the pure water at 35 PSI, please make sure if the pressure of your tap/well water is enough
and it will generate 2-3 gallons waste water per gallon pure water."

how do i check my psi? i was planning on buying the garden hose adapter

unless i can install it in my bathroom sink, but the flow in that water is weak

you should have a RODI unit even before you have a tank. Take a look at your local water authority's water report, you would be shocked at whats in it. Why do you think bottled water is popular, and thats just to avoid drinking it, now imagine living it it. Not picking on you but reefers in general. So many people think a RODI unit is just another fancy piece of equipment but in fact it is the most important. And I also would avoid the cheap Ebay type of units, cheap filters and membrane that will need replaced sooner, possibly odd Chinese made filters that are hard to get and general poor workmanship and no support if you need it.

you should have a RODI unit even before you have a tank. Take a look at your local water authority's water report, you would be shocked at whats in it. Why do you think bottled water is popular, and thats just to avoid drinking it, now imagine living it it. Not picking on you but reefers in general. So many people think a RODI unit is just another fancy piece of equipment but in fact it is the most important. And I also would avoid the cheap Ebay type of units, cheap filters and membrane that will need replaced sooner, possibly odd Chinese made filters that are hard to get and general poor workmanship and no support if you need it.

A little off topic but I had to chime in on the bottled water comment. The regulations put on tAp water are far more strict than bottled water, you can bottle and sell water that would be illegal to run through the public water supply. Anyway, I am following this because I will need to buy a unit as well before my tank upgrade.

A little off topic but I had to chime in on the bottled water comment. The regulations put on tAp water are far more strict than bottled water, you can bottle and sell water that would be illegal to run through the public water supply. Anyway, I am following this because I will need to buy a unit as well before my tank upgrade.

what is in bottle water has nothing to do with the public consumption or conception of bottle water, people buy it because the think it is better. A lot of bottle water is from a local water supply if you read the label.

Back
Top Bottom