(*&%^%($!!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Electrobes

Aquarium Advice Addict
Argh I have almost nothing in my tank yet I have ran into every single issue a reef tank could have. First of like a bum I used tap water.. my mistake. Then I get planaria, an explosion of planaria. Now I took a closer look at one of my snails (moon snailes) and then on where my star polyps are and I start seeing things. Then I saw one of these shelled minis (a bit translucent, another was green and another was slightly daker) bump into another of its kind and then it did something that made me want to cry... I saw two claws pop out in a fashion that I knew most people fear... the jack-knife way. I thought "no way it could be possible". I am still in that phase I almost refuse to look again just praying I am wrong. Anyway I'll try to get a good pic.. what worries me most is that I have already seen like 15 of these things running around. Anyone know what a baby mantis shrimp looks like or should look like? I tried looking up pics on the internet but found nothing... just reminders as to why reefers do not want them :cry:

Yeah, I decided to not dip my last batch of LR since it had corals on it and I thought I got lucky. After 2 months, I am hearing some popping sounds coming from the tank. Seen way too many Hitchhiker crabs for my liking too :(

Sorry I can't help you with a pic but I hope it all goes well.

Anyone know what a baby mantis shrimp looks like or should look like?
Just like an adult mantis shrimp... only smaller :wink:

seriously though... i believe thats what they look like. good luck with the hunt. search the boards here for discussions on them you should find some good advice

hm.. the wierd thing is now I saw a green of these thingies running around, and another much bigger guy running along... sheesh the suspense is killing me!

grr...isnt there a way you can pick out which hitchhikers you want and still get rid of the bad ones? I dont have fish yet because im still getting LR, i thought about going ahead and getting cured pieces from now on, but i like the good hitchhikers and want more...so how do i keep those and get rid of the bad guys?

Back
Top Bottom