And you thought you were having a bad day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brenden

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my tank is leaking. Not the main, but where the external overflow box meets the main tank. The tank is guaranteed but if I have to drain etc. it will be a nightmare. Hopefully they will send someone out to fix it where it sits.

Maybe all the bad luck will happen now and then it will be clear sailing the rest of the year.

I called the guy last night when it was discovered and left a message. I have not heard from him so I just called back and left another message stating if he did not call me back very soon I was calling someone else to come fix it and he would be receiving the bill along with a letter from my attorney. When it rains it pours. I was up all night working. First time ever!!! Then this morning Melissa is sick. Took her to the doctor. strep throat...Brenden has a cold. Oh the fun.

alot of places are closed due to the holiday, hopefully they will call. hope everything is better tommorrow. :D

I hope that is all it is. It is aggrivating watching water drip out of my tank while I sit here and can do nothing about it. On a positive note, I am losing about 1/2 gallon a day so it will take 3.3 years for my tank to go dry. :D

Always good to know, 3.3 years jesus... public holidays are always the worst day for anything bad to happen because no one will answer their phones...

good luck!!

Kindof unrealistic to assume that anyone will answer you on New Years day (or even the day after)! Hopefully they'll be on top of their game first thing tomorrow morning. Is there anything you can do to stem the tide? A little hot glue may be just enough to keep it from getting worse (assuming that it is acrylic safe, yada yada).

Good luck getting things back in order. Hopefully that was enough to get you through the rest of the year without any more bad luck! Bambino & Melissa feeling better yet? Usually that first course of AB is enough to make them feel better!

Wow, sorry to hear about the leak..You should post a pic, maybe someone has a similar experience. Though Im not sure it would help if you end having to replace the whole thing. I know I'll have my fingers crossed for ya.

He just called me. According to him (no big deal) He is sending me the correct welder/glue for acrylic. I will have to shut down the overflow/sump and dry all the water from the overflow and scrap off coralline. Make sure surface is clean and dry with hair dryer. Apply this stuff and let it set up for 1 hr and in his words it will be fixed. Keep in mind this is the small overflow box approx 10gal that is directly connected to the back of the tank. Still not going to be a easy task.

I imagine he is just going to send you some WELD 4 with a needle tip applicator...It will set up in minutes. might want to have some type of bar clamp handy (assuming its something you can get a clamp on)

RichT (www.reefgadgets.com) is one of our NJRC members and I think he uses weldon 16. I think the number indicates the thickness so whichever one he sends I'm sure will be the *right* one. That's some great stuff and it is easily able to seal minor issues with acrylic. Good luck with the fix! I'm glad he got back to you!

Back
Top Bottom