Anemon Sting??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wondering......Has anyon ever been stung by their own anemone in their tank?

I almost touched mine last night as I was cleaning some algae. What would happen? What would it feel like? Would it stick to you?

PS. I'm not going to try and find out, so none of those comments!! :wink:

I have a bubble tip and after placing it in the tank where I wanted it, my finger tips were actually alittle numb. Nothing too bad, although I suppose everyone reacts differently.

PS. I'm not going to try and find out, so none of those comments!!

I can tell you that it feels strange. I dropped a rock in my tank close to mine and while getting it I must have stimulated it cause he got me on the forearm. Didn't hurt just tingled a little but I'm a big fella :mrgreen: I can see where it would take a fish down.

Depending on the health and size of the anemone, you can also end up with a good sized rash. If it ever happens, run the affected area under very hot tap water. It will lessen the effects of the sting.

Cheers
Steve

After I touched mine, I woke up dazed, three days later in a pool of saltwater and beer cans all around me.

Wait, that was something else. Never mind.

Ive never been afected. I have even touched carpet aneomes. The only thing is they stick to you, and you must let them release or you may harm them. Some people will feel a slight irritation, others nothing. It all depends on the person, go ahead and touch it. If it's a condy you shouldn't feel a thing. :flasingsmile:

Back
Top Bottom