Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nemo72

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I am new to this game can some 1tell me if you feed anemone if so what

I feed mine but you dont have to because they get everything they need from the water column itself. But I di feed it diced up peices of shrimp or clam. and I also sometimes target feed it frozen cyclopeez that has disolved in a cup of tank water and I use this big turkey baster thing and feed it directly. The tool is called the little squirt.

I feed mine cut up silver sides once in a while, but usually just let it rely on photosynthesis and available food from the water column.

When I had mine I didnt target feed it. The lighting and water column is all it needs. That being said IMO they need a mature tank of at least a yr old.

I also remember read'n on here through another thread that they expend alot of energy to digest and if you over feed them you are basically speed'n up there death rate. I agree with Mike that you should have a mature tank before you attempt it and if you do target feed it once or twice a week tops is all you need. Good luck.

My tank ia a week old so I am really new to this so any information I can get would be really good as I don't really no alot but learning as I go along many thanks

Yeah nemo, I'd wait awhile before you try and incorperate an anemone. A few reasons be'n that they are tough to keep and water has to be pristene cuz they are touchy to any changes what so ever. And be'n you are new to the game (no offense) you are gonna have some tough times with keep'n the tank at acceptable levels. And I feel personally you need to be comfortable with just fish and CUC before you move on to the more sensitive creatures. An anemone is a tough little guy to keep and everyone on here will answer whatever question they can to help you but... To be fair to the anemone get you're legs under you for a little while before you try to run. In the end you wanna do whats best for the animals in you're tank by practice'n and learn'n all you can before you take the plunge.

I'd have to second the waiting for an anemone. You need a stable parameters and extremely good light for them to survive.

I bought a nem probably a month after i started my first SW tank and returned him a month later. The stress of having to worry about it was too much for my delicate heart LOL.

But seriously, nems are delicate creatures. I used to feed mine small pieces of fish and he'd take it right from the me.

Many thanks for advise I will wait before I get any thanks once again

I just fed mine some brine shrimp. Now my knuckle is bleeding because I got to close to my clown's nest. For a little fish, they have SHARP teeth!

redchick2 said:
I just fed mine some brine shrimp. Now my knuckle is bleeding because I got to close to my clown's nest. For a little fish, they have SHARP teeth!

Wow. I didn't know they could nail you like that. Try and get a tool called the little squirt. It's basically a skinny turkey baster that you cam extend and it has a little retractable plastic spike on the end to put chunks of food on so you never have to put you're hands in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom