Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoshuA c

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone out there had any success creating a relationship with a condylactis anemone and a tomato clownfish?

A condy isn't a natural host for any clownfish, but it's not totally unheard of for a clown to choose it as it's host.

How big is your tank? And how long has it been set up for? Also what kind of lighting do you have? All VERY important if you are considering an anemone. I had a condy myself but nothing hosted it and all I did was worry about it eating my fish LOL I rehomed him after a few months

It is 30 gallons, metal hallide and fluorescent lighting, and I've had it for two years

Wow nice! You can get one you have the setup. A lot of people have had success with them hosting corals. My clowns were hosting my elegance til I removed it. Clowns seem to like the wavyness i guess,. LOL

Yeah the bta's are a bit pricey. I've though a bit about getting another nem but I remember the stress I had when I did have one. hehe

Also, the condys, at least mine, get huge. Mine took up the entire side of my 29g.

Good luck in your search!

Back
Top Bottom