Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Calikenny2

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 30 gallon salt water tank, I have 2 beamswork led 400 Supports 72x10000K daylight, 6xactinic 460nm. I wanted to know if this would support an anemone? I currently was given a sabae anemone.

how old is the tank, nems should not be introduced till the tank matures and stabilizes, 9-12 months. I also do not think your lighting is enough

No way will that support an anemone. that fixture is just for looks.

something to take note of, cheap Ebay type of LED lighting is usually just for looks. Everyone thinks all LEDS are equal, it takes high end LEDs to support corals and nems. If you could get a $25 dollar LED for corals, dont you think everyone would have them.

I have a 30 gallon salt water tank, I have 2 beamswork led 400 Supports 72x10000K daylight, 6xactinic 460nm. I wanted to know if this would support an anemone? I currently was given a sabae anemone.

1w leds are not for anenomes

They are not 1 watt LEDs. That fixture has 78 LEDs and it only uses 9 watts of power. They are comparable to LED christmas tree lights.

For aesthetic purposes. So you can see your fish using only 9 watts of power, have a light, slim, fixture....

They will not work, have 3 nems and for comparison they sit 6 inches below 2x250 MH. They need bright intense lighting along with pristine stable water conditions. Also if the nem is in the rocks and dies it will crash your entire tank if it is not removed immediately

Back
Top Bottom