Anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EELectric

Aquarium Advice Freak
I like anemones but i dont want to go buy a $300 light set up. Is there any way i can get a cheap light setup and still get a anemone?
(P.S any type.)

(P.S any type.)

Sure, buy some lr from liverocks.com it comes with "rock anemones" and they don't require excessive lighting. :mrgreen:

Oh and BTW some people call them aptasia. :oops:

I wont be getting corals but those aptasias are bad for corals i know and will clowns think they are real anemones because i want the clowns to live in them?

Never known a clown to host an aiptasia :lol:

All kidding aside, you do need a good light system for most desirable anenomes. CF would be on the low end but if you have 4 or 5 watts per gal of CF you may be able to keep an anenome. But there are other considerations. You need an established tank of 8 mo. to a year and lots LR as well as good water flow. These are not for the beginer hobbiest. If you are currently using the "factory" strip light that came with your tank, you will need to drop some cash on a better set-up.

One step at a time is the key.. establish your tank first and see how everything goes. If you start saving up little by little now then by the time it's matured you should have enough cash to upgrade as required and revisit the anemone idea.

Back
Top Bottom