Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcarola154

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok, so after going to 3 different LFS around here, I still feel as though I havent gotten any good info on housing an anemone. Right now I have a 45 gallon with a 10 gallon sump/refugium, all my parameters are good and I was wondering if it is recommended that I get any special equipment (like a skimmer), lighting, etc?

what type of lighting do you have now and also you shyould already have a skimmer in place and that type of fish do you have?

Anemones are delecate animals and should only be housed by the experienced aquarist in a well-stablished and mature tank. Most guildelines state waiting up to a year prior to getting one, nine months is a bit more realistic. A skimmer is always recommended as an added benefit. Anemones need good lighting, provided by CF or MH lights. This will depend on species. The depth of your tank is also important. Can you post your tank dimensions and species of anemone you are interested in?

Ok, well... my tank is only about three months old now, so i guess it would be best to put this off a while. Thanks for the advice though.

Good choice. Use the next few months research what species you want and put togehter the proper lighting set-up.

Thanks for caring about the occupants of your tank. alot of people just do it anyway and the animal just suffers and dies when it was totally avoidable. You`ve showed the advanced trait of patience. Good luck on your tank

I've had my tank for more than a year now. I just recently bought an Orbit 48" 4x65W PC fixture (with white moon light). Am I ready for corals and anemone? Can you give me an idea of what I can have?

thanks melosu, im trying to be careful and maintain all my fish because the whole reason I got my 45 gal tank is to learn the "tricks of the trade" for when I get a big built-in tank for my new house in like 6 months. So im trying to learn right now, not just get every pretty little thing i see. (which ive noticed happens way too much)

Back
Top Bottom