anemone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i see...maybe i am just too picky about the size of the tank, condy over all is a very hardy anemone,it just doesn't host clown fish tho.

That I know. But tomorrow my room mate wants to trade them for one or two other anemone that will host. I think this might be a bad idea. From my reading I thik that they are too hard to raise right now. But then I do want something else in the tank with my Clown any advice? And they say a clown needs 30 gal. But do I have any other options?

not too hard,but just most likley all anemone will die in max 2 yrs,if u want some long term corals, should go for some more hardy coral such as polyps or zoaths
even some of the LPS works fine.Oh, sometimes clow will search for diff type of coral to host such as mushroom which is another great hardy coral and mushroom actrually quite good looking sometimes(of course the price will be high sometimes also depend on the coloration).But trading for another anemone in 10g is always an bad idea, unless u really don;t care ur "pet" die or not.To me I would rather spend time try to keep wat i have alive instead treating them as pure decoration.
EDIT: I might sound harsh soometimes,but really its the truth, I jusy hope most people getting in SW know what they are dealing with and whats the out come of some of their decisions.

Peace out

Naw dude you dont sound harsh. I came asking for info and Im getting it. If I dident think I might have a grop then I wouldent ask.

Back
Top Bottom