anemone ??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reeling reefer

Aquarium Advice Regular
I Have a BTA that has been thriving for 7 months, likes to stay near the top of the tank. Recently it has moved under an overhang rock in the shade and is allot smaller then normal. It started out near the bottom and moved up to the top and had stayed there for 6 1/2 months loving the light and getting huge, then one day it moved. Is this normal??? Nothing has changed and all water parameters are excellent. ph 8.2 nitrate 0, salinty 1.025 , ALK&CALC are good, temp 79. I can't figure out what is the problem

I have read, they sometimes like to move. What are your water tests?

ph 8.2, temp 79, calcium 400, alk normal, nitrate 0, salinty 1.025, phosphate 0, everything else is doing awesome, tank is a 180

Have you changed anything, like water flow?

The rule of thumb with an anemone is to leave it alone. Regardless of why it moved, unless it starts polluting the tank (dying or dead) then you should keep hands off. Your params are good, flow hasn't changed, but your animal may have outgrown its spot or decided to start a split. I have heard of folks using a piece of ice applied near the foot to force it to release, but in my opinion and experience its best to let nature take its course. If you tinker with it and injure it, that will almost surely be a death sentence.

Peace.

Back
Top Bottom