Anemone abilities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They can fall upside down, but I've never seen an anemone flip itself back on it's foot. An upside down anemone may not be a good sign. Flip it back over and place her on a smooth flat rock and see if she takes hold. Examine how the anemone looks and test your water.

Make sure she really is upside down and not just tucked in.

My anemones are all acrobats, and they are fast too. I think yours would ne ok. But if you are not sure just help her out, :roll:

ive seen some anenomies do some amazing things, including flip themselves over. it should be ok, but i dont think it would hurt to help it out a bit

If it quacks like a duck..that is, if it looks like its in trouble, give a while to help itself (Less someones picking on it) Then, if nothing changes, give it a boost. I know I hope someone would turn me over if I tried and couldn't ; )

I talked to my friend about the anemones ability of rolling back over and he said yes. What you should be watching out for is if the anemone settles down or not. If it doesn't settle down soon, it generally means they're not happy with something.

Thanks everyone for all the advice. He, She, It ,seems to have settled down after I turned it over and placed it in a calmer spot in the tank. My water tests show that all is well. I guess it just got blown around.

that is a common occurence, you should cover all filter intakes/powerhead intakes to prevent them getting sucked up, as they like areas of high flow and are drawn to them.

My anemone (green carpet) seems to be doing the same thing, along with opening and closing at regular intervals. But the foot doesn't become fully detached. The only place he ever moved his foot is between the glass and rock, but not not anywhere else in the tank. I would think he would move higher toward the light, seeing how I have low lighting (upgrading very soon). It just worries me when I see him "invert" and stick his stomach out. Otherwaise, healthy, beautiful color.

jbro, I have been read that behaviour may indicate he's hungry..shrunk up mouth open. Do you feed it? I would imagine you would if you have poor lighting..

OMG. I didn't even think of feeding him. With the worrying I've been doing, I overlooked that possibility. Plus, in the back of my mind, from what I've read, underfeeding is best. But I will get some fresh shrimp, grind it up, and see if he'll take it.
He moved himself to the top of a rock like I wanted now, so I think I will wait until he's a little more comfortable before feeding.
Thanks so much for reminding me, cc. He must be starving!

Back
Top Bottom