Anemone - clown question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarineFlake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK, after watching my poor clown dart helpless into the open brain for that 'natural' protection only to turn and find the trouble maker still on his six nipping..What is the least effort anemone I can stick in the tank for him? (75G reef, check out the gallery for all the details..) I know condy's are a no go, and to be honest, I don't want to burn a lot of time researching. Im only interested in something for the clown thats low maint.

Thanks in advance!

-PC

Actually I wouldn't worry about it at all. Perhaps even look into the "trouble maker" nipping at him. I wouldn't for simply because there is nothing that says he would host anything else if you put in in there. Woul'd you be a bit miffed if you bought an anemone and he still likes the brain better. Also there are several other options for him like the toadstool if he felt like he weren't happy in his found home. On the flip side though it may work out for you and a bubble tip anemone would fit quite nicely in that scenery. So, if you must I recommend a BTA.

werd. I'll go check out the stats on the BTA. Long as its low maint and won't attack all my other critters.

Thanks
-PC

No problem, I think you'll find the BTA to be on the gentle side of the anemone species. They generally (even when roaming around) don't bother coral. And aside from the occational direct feeding they are easy to care for.

Back
Top Bottom