Anemone Disaster

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afilter

Aquarium Advice Addict
This morning when I awoke I found one of my CC Starfish sucking on the base of my largest Condy Anemone. Are CC Starfish known for this? If so the Starfish will have to go as I have 4 Condy Anemone.

As for the Anemone I left where it was after I pulled the starfish off. It was definitely damaged on one side and appeared slimy. Does anyone know if the can survive an attack like this or will it most likely die off?

If it has a chance to survive I would like to leave it where it is. Otherwise I will pull it out tonight so it does not pollute the entire tank.

TIA,

from what I recal, Chocolate Chip Stars are predatory.

I would at least give your anenome a chance... If it shrivels up and doesn't re-open after a day or two you may be out of luck.

I would deffinitly remove the star. Wait for some others to chime in on the anenome before acting as I'm not that experienced with them.

Yeah, My LFS never clued me on a potential problem with the chocolate chips. The two I have will be sitting in the QT until I can find a home for them unless anyone else has some other ideas.

Thanks,

buy some hariquin shrimp hehehe you will have food for them for a couple of weeks hehehe j/k

Good News, When I arrived home tonight the condy was out in good color. There is definitely some visible damage, but not as bad as I first thought. The CC Stars are going. I have a good LFS that will take things in for credit. Possibly a different kind of Star. My 4yr old daughter really likes the starfish. Any recommendations for a compatible star. I do also have a brittle star that the LFS said should not cause any problems and I have never seen an issues. Here is a pic from when I came home tonight, you can see about 3-4 arms shriveled up from where the CC starfish was feasting:

Back
Top Bottom