Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-14-2003, 08:53 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

anemone for nano

I'm planning to set up a 7 gallon nanoreef. I want to keep corals, and a couple of clown fish in the main tank. I would also like to keep a small relatively stationary anemone that the clown fish would like. I've considered the bubble tip anemone but I think it may be too large. I considered the tulip anemone but I'm not sure that clown fish like them. Does anyone have any suggestions for me about this? Moreover I will have 32 Watts of power compact lighting. I wonder if this will be sufficient for the anemones. Perhaps I should just forget about the anemones?

Old 06-14-2003, 11:04 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Personally I would forget about the anenome at first. Expecially since they are not exactly stationary until they finda place they like. When I got my bubble tip it moved around the tank for 1/2 of a day until it settled into its home.

If you do go for one try to find one that has been tank propogated. Thease would have a much greater survival rate for captavity.

I know someone in waynsburo that has some tank propogated bubble tips. In fact thsts where I got mine. His username here is normd. He is also a member of the SVA regional forum.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 11:26 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks

I think I will postpone the anmeone and instead of getting the preferred clowns, settle for two green striped golby or two cardinal fish. About how large do bubbletips grow?

I was planning on procuring all tank propogated and no wild caught stock for enviornmental concerns.

Tags
anemone, nano

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com