anemone going into caves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

e-cat

Aquarium Advice Addict
iv had my bubble tip anemone for about a week and the first night it moved into a cave, so i flipped the rock so he would be in the light then it did the same thing again the next day, after that he stayed put for about 3 days and after i fed him it moved again but this time its not in a cave, my question is will the anemones go into a cave and die from lack of light or will it have the common sense too move on out of the cave and get into the light.

Anemones move inside the tank to the conditions they like the most.. From my understanding they move quite a bit until the find the one place that they are happiest at.. IMO I would say leave it be and if you have any other corals or anemones in you tank to watch it closely as there is a possibility that i might sting others while on the move...

HTH,
James

BTAs are noted for anchoring their foot on the underside of a rock (or cave) and then reach around and up for the light ;)

Back
Top Bottom