Anemone health

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sidman74

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Not sure if my anemone is healthy or not. When I bought it was a lite shade of green. It has turned very pink. It extends most of the time and seems healthy. I just am not sure if the change of color means anything or not. I have had it since June.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1449858446.799852.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Anenomes need a mature tank of at least a year old. To be honest I think your`s looks pretty good. Ant water tests results? How often are you doing water changes and how much?

Water is good.

PH : 7.4
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite : 0
Nitrate : 0
Phosphates : .08
KH : 8

I have 2 Kessil 160we
I change 10% of the water once a month.

Tank has been running for about 1.5 years now.

I'm most concerned about its color change. It was a bright green color when I purchased it and it has changed to pink. It does seem healthy though. Recently it has moved around a bit.

It looks fine I occasionally feed mine a bit of mussel it loves it as long as it does not turn white and it's mouth starts gaping all will be fine :)

PH I would push upto 8.2 ish :)

I was going to say that your PH is not good. You need it to be at least 8.0. They make stuff you can mix with your top off water to bring it up. Do me a favor and measure your PH about an hour before your lights go out.

must agree not to try and buff your ph, you will end up with a chemical mess trying to balance one thing after another. 7 seems awful low, Ill bet on a bad reading or test. Stable ph is far more important then chasing a number

I ran a fresh test one hour before lights out on top. Looks like somewhere in the 8.x range. Very hard to tell with Red Sea.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450127373.881206.jpg

Back
Top Bottom