Anemone help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im a freshie dude so idk drip alclamte for a hour to 2 hrs? dont hold me responsible if it dies im only trying to help

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

ThAnks everyone. The anemone seems fine. I dripped for about an hour with my water. Thanks again.

You really should thoroughly research all livestock before buying it and bringing it home.
MOST anemone's die in the first year of being introduced to the home aquarium, while they typically live 30+ years in the wild.

Lack of light, variable water conditions and feeding are the major reasons.

Bubble Tip Anemone by ... Pearson Hurst

I did research. I checked the water conditions as well. The lighting is sufficient as well. The reason I started ths thread was because my Lfs told me to drop the anemone in the water after about 10 mins when I had read otherwise.

well think of it this way, you are use to breathing nice Oxygen in your house which you enjoy, now lets take you out in a bag and drop you into someones house who smokes and makes stinky food all the time, it can be a bit of a shock, ALL marine fish and inverts need to be acclimated before added to your system and fish should be placed in QT.

Now with bubble tips I would say you want to drip acclimate them for about an hour so to be safe.

But they better question is do you have the proper setup? all nems should be a system no less than 6 months old, most would even argue at least 1 year old because new tanks still have things changing in them even if we cant see it. If you don't meet those requirements (tank age) I would say your going to have problems right from the start until the dies and nukes your tank.

Thats just my 2cents

Back
Top Bottom