anemone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It was mentioned above but your anemone is one of the hardest to care for. I would really consider returning the anemone until, atleast, your tank matures more and you get the appropriate equipment.

It was mentioned above but your anemone is one of the hardest to care for. I would really consider returning the anemone until, atleast, your tank matures more and you get the appropriate equipment.

LOL you beat me to it, Yes Ritteri is the hardest anemone to keep. The main reason is the amount of lighting plus the way how they MUST have a random water flow. You will need to have a really complicate wave making system to create that random water flow direction. The only benefit to keep it, is that, it is the natrual host for OC clown. Unlike other anemone that OC might ignore. This anemone is like a magnet to OC.

Random strong water flow: check, got it. I'm ready to get what I need right away, just gotta know what to get. I'm leaning more towards led if possible just cause less power consumption,etc.

Also the anemone looks perfect again since I fed it krill which I guess your not supposed to have to do, but none the less is healthy again

I hope you can successfuly keep it for a long time. I had yet to see anyone keep that anemone in their tank over 5 months. I had 1 before and lost it after 4 months, it looks great and everything but suddenly one day just melted. I had no clude what happen. but please don't get discourage, I hope to see you get it done.

And since I just got my vendor status, I think I can link my site now. May be you can check out my site at www.aq-led.com for some LED that might work for your set up.

EDIT: Please to over feed it, keep it about once a week is more than enough. It should get 80% of its food source from lighting.

I hope you can successfuly keep it for a long time. I had yet to see anyone keep that anemone in their tank over 5 months. I had 1 before and lost it after 4 months, it looks great and everything but suddenly one day just melted. I had no clude what happen. but please don't get discourage, I hope to see you get it done.

And since I just got my vendor status, I think I can link my site now. May be you can check out my site at www.aq-led.com for some LED that might work for your set up.

EDIT: Please to over feed it, keep it about once a week is more than enough. It should get 80% of its food source from lighting.

Ok got it. Any suggestions?

Well everything seems better with new lighting. Corals, and more importantly the anemone have never looked better. Parameters are stable. We'll see if I can keep this impossible Ritteri Anemone alive.

Back
Top Bottom