Anemone into a creavice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

doughboydj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I have a Bulb anemone for about 2 months now. He's been with two True perculas ever since I got him. He had been doing well getting very large. Recently he just decided to close up and go into a dark crevice. My question is should I move him out of there or will he eventualy come out for light again? My clowns are going crazy swimming in whatever little tenticles the anemone is giving them.

Please help
Steve

I'm a newbie with anemones too. I just got through reading that they sometimes behave that way before splitting. I would not attempt to move it as it will come back out on it's own in time. Here's a good site to visit when you have anemone questions........what to do when they spilt etc.....HTH

http://www.freewebs.com/karenssaltwater/index.htm

fishgeek

I'm by no means an expert, but I would not move him. May do more damage than good.

I have a bta as well, and mine did the same thing. Turned out he was hungry. Try feeding him some silversides or even frozen brine shrimp. I did, and he came back out and is healthy as ever.

I had thought all they needed was bright light to thrive. Not true, they need to be fed... :)

Here's a pic of him now...

Thanks guys, so the advice is not to move him. OK I won't touch him. I'm going to try and feed him some frozen prawns

Back
Top Bottom