Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anemone moving a lot.

Why do they move so much? It stayed in one spot for months then went MIA and then went somewhere else and now back almost where it started. It's a purple tipped anemone? And why do the clown fish just lay in there. It scared me. Thought they were dead!!

Attachment 87280

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anemones are weird sometimes lol. It looks like a sebae anemone to me.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:16 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBarbs
Anemones are weird sometimes lol. It looks like a sebae anemone to me.
It's a google picture but it looks JUST like it. I know your suppose to wait for the tank to be established for months. But whatever. My tank has been up since January. And I fell in love with it. And the price was right. Now I want a bubble coral? I think that's what you call it. It looks like a anemone but it doesn't move.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Old 04-07-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I got an anemone to lol and my tanks 3 1/2 months. Don't worry I fell in love to . All I know about bubble corals is they are really fragile.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

I have a bubble coral. They are fragile, but it is easy to just move them from their base. I have hermits crawl over it once and awhile and there aren't any issues.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperhank
I have a bubble coral. They are fragile, but it is easy to just move them from their base. I have hermits crawl over it once and awhile and there aren't any issues.
Where would be the best place for it? Here's a FTS, I was thinking on the right above the red mushrooms.

Attachment 87332

Attachment 87333

Sorry the water is a little cloudy from the wc. An the lights aren't at it's brightest yet, they ramp up starting at 7am.

Old 04-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

Long as you acclimate it to the light, that should be a nice spot for it. They like intense lighting, which is what is holding mine back. It is doing well under 4 t5ho, but will do better under my leds.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Long as you acclimate it to the light, that should be a nice spot for it. They like intense lighting, which is what is holding mine back. It is doing well under 4 t5ho, but will do better under my leds.
Oh man!! I may go get it today then!!

Is a hour slow drip acclimation good enough. I once did a 3 hour drip to all my CUC and was told it was way too long. I isn't know, was just starting out so I didn't know any better.

Took Better pics, I turned the lights up for a minute.

Attachment 87341

Attachment 87342

Old 04-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin

POTM Champion

An hour should be ok. When I got mine, I floated the bag in the DT for 30 min then opened it up and added small amounts of water as it floated around every 10 minutes, so 6 doses in an hour. Removed half the water and did this again for an hour. So 3 hours isn't that bad in reality...
Old 04-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
An hour should be ok. When I got mine, I floated the bag in the DT for 30 min then opened it up and added small amounts of water as it floated around every 10 minutes, so 6 doses in an hour. Removed half the water and did this again for an hour. So 3 hours isn't that bad in reality...
Ok cool! Thanks!! I'm gonna call the LFS and make sure it's still there and also see if there open.

Tags
anemone, moving

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com