Anemone ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The open mouth isn't good..... What lighting do you have? Did you recently add it? Is it pooping?

crister13 said:
The open mouth isn't good..... What lighting do you have? Did you recently add it? Is it pooping?

Just got it ..two days ago.. i have seen poop.

bavass said:
What lights do you have? Size tank? Water parameters? How old is the tank?

6x39 t5s only reading 5 trates tanks almost 2 years old.. i think i may have just bought a bad new his mouth was open since i put him in tank i drip accumated over a hour period.

jsmith said:
6x39 t5s only reading 5 trates tanks almost 2 years old.. i think i may have just bought a bad new his mouth was open since i put him in tank i drip accumated over a hour period.

I probably would have acclimated longer especially if mouth was already open before he went in tank.

Schism said:
I probably would have acclimated longer especially if mouth was already open before he went in tank.

Live ya learn. Was a heat of the moment purchase ..

Havnt made that mistake since i started.. just glad it wasnt an expensive leason.

A gbta not an expensive purchase? Man, I'm movin to erie... Check on him again in an hour. I was very worried about my carpet yesterday, mouth was open the size of a quarter and spewing out a white cloud. An hour later mouth was closed and today he is back fully extended like nothing ever happened. Nems are odd critters.

Sniperhank said:
A gbta not an expensive purchase? Man, I'm movin to erie... Check on him again in an hour. I was very worried about my carpet yesterday, mouth was open the size of a quarter and spewing out a white cloud. An hour later mouth was closed and today he is back fully extended like nothing ever happened. Nems are odd critters.

Im at work when i woke up he moved to sand bed but was balled up.. im thinking i just made a bad purchace thats all serves me right going to the lfs after happy hour. I usally only buy dry goods from them.. im 100% sure they temped him and dumped him in.. i know its my fault for buying him..

jsmith said:
Im at work when i woke up he moved to sand bed but was balled up.. im thinking i just made a bad purchace thats all serves me right going to the lfs after happy hour. I usally only buy dry goods from them.. im 100% sure they temped him and dumped him in.. i know its my fault for buying him..

Everyone gets ripped off at least once in this hobby. With good parameters its possible he will come around, if not lesson learned. I find nems to be one of the most sensitive creatures in our tanks, more so than SPS really.

Look for healthy specimens at the fish store. Im always looking for signs of stress, parasites, disease etc. And doing this you will save some money.

Schism said:
Everyone gets ripped off at least once in this hobby. With good parameters its possible he will come around, if not lesson learned. I find nems to be one of the most sensitive creatures in our tanks, more so than SPS really.

Look for healthy specimens at the fish store. Im always looking for signs of stress, parasites, disease etc. And doing this you will save some money.

I agree and always do ..Ive only ever looked up care a.d what was needed to sustain a healthy nem. One thing i learned mouth open equals no good. I never cared to have one my clowns host a ceramic teapot .. just thought he was good size with nice color... apparently i was wrong.

jsmith said:
I agree and always do ..Ive only ever looked up care a.d what was needed to sustain a healthy nem. One thing i learned mouth open equals no good. I never cared to have one my clowns host a ceramic teapot .. just thought he was good size with nice color... apparently i was wrong.

I actually think its kinda cool they host a teapot lol, but if this nem doesn't make it try again. Maybe go with a different fish store. But before you do make sure your water is very pristine. Read more about nems also. Its all apart of the learning process if we loose something. Learn from mistakes, move forward and try again. Im sure you'll succeed, after all you got the support of AA ;)

Schism said:
I actually think its kinda cool they host a teapot lol, but if this nem doesn't make it try again. Maybe go with a different fish store. But before you do make sure your water is very pristine. Read more about nems also. Its all apart of the learning process if we loose something. Learn from mistakes, move forward and try again. Im sure you'll succeed, after all you got the support of AA ;)

Yea thats what i figured. Im going to be placing another order from bluezoo aquatics. I may order another. Who knows. I know my water is great.

Ok .. heres a good question.. its still in a ball when should i take him out?

Sniperhank said:
Just keep us posted. If it goes to far south youll need to pull it...but i dont see the need to currently. Mine took over a week to adjust.

When do u think i should what should i look for that indicates its time to pull?

Flreefer said:
If you see that it looks like it is falling apart, pull it immediately.

Thank will do.. i pulled it off sand ..put it right side up and before lights turned off it tentacles were inflated and out. [moderator edit] but at same time i can see the insides.. looks like lettuce.. i take it thats bad..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it's def not good, but if it was inflated, that's a good sign. Just keep a close eye on it for deterioration.
Good luck with it J.

Back
Top Bottom