Anemone problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NIFTYneil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Our new anemone (pictured here: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5485) has began to shrivel and seems to have changed color slightly (it has gotten darker). It has detached itself from the LR and has kind of just settled on the sand. Just hours ago, it was fine and fully bulbed. Should I be worried? I don't have any experience with anemone, this being our first one. Is this natural?

My long tentacle, purple tip has been with me for some time now... about 5 years and has moved plenty through then, including between houses. Right now he's got his foot through 5" of sand to the tank base. He used to like it up on a rock (see my avatar).

anemone problems

We brought home our first anemone about two weeks ago, a Long Tenticle. He appeared healthy but white in color. I placed him on the bottom of the tank against a live rock, where he anchored himself and has remained ever since.
After not showing any interest in food, I force fed him a krill, which he tolerated. The past three days, I have given him a small piece of fresh, uncooked shrimp which he gobbles right up! He seems to be very happy right after eating and is getting some color to him as well.

Good Luck with yours! It's beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom