Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Reef Aquaria
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-03-2003, 11:38 PM   #11
cj10488

Quote:
Place the anemone about midpoint on the rock specifically in a area that has a good "depression" ot small gap where the anemone can bury it's foot
From my understanding aren't the particular Carpet that I have ordered aren't they "Sand" anemones? From my understanding Carpets like to bury their foot into the sand... I have the what I believe "Perfect Spot" that I have been saving for a carpet for some time now.. 12" away from any coral (well after I move the corals I have there Temporarily) and in a good flow area.. Its kind of almost Directly under the MH bulb.. in the front corner of the tank.. I plan on Drip Acclimating it and When Placing it into the tank watching it for several several hours probably 12hrs to be exact.. since the Tank is Next to the TV it makes it easy.. That Way I may Promptly move any coral if the Carpet decides to move from the spot I place it in.. I have attached photo of the Spot I have chosen to place the Carpet in and hope that It likes it.. Now keep in mind the 2 corals that are there are going to me moved by weeks end..

TIA,
James
Old 12-03-2003, 11:54 PM   #12
steve-s

Actually with most carpets it does not matter. They will inhabit the sandbed but only if they can attach to a hard surface where the rock and sand meet. As long as it can bury it's foot and attach securely it should not matter. The only anemone IME that prefers to be in the sand is the Heteractis aurora which I have as well. The anemone may be fine in the area you've chosen but it will depend on how much it likes the light and water flow. It might just decide to move to the middle so be prepared...

Do you know the proper species or was it sold simpley as Stichodactyla "sp"?

Cheers
Steve
Old 12-04-2003, 12:08 AM   #13
cj10488

It should be a Stichodactyla gigantea but was sold as Stichodactyla sp.

Quote:
It might just decide to move to the middle so be prepared...
I am very prepared.. and crossing my fingers as I have had my heart and research on it indicates that particular spot a good one but if it decides to move I understand and lready Have an Idea where to move most corals..

I am hoping that It will take hold within the first 12hrs of being in the tank and If not its going to be a long night lol

Thx again Steve,
James

PS Kudos
Old 12-04-2003, 02:51 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
I am very prepared.. and crossing my fingers as I have had my heart and research on it indicates that particular spot a good one but if it decides to move I understand and lready Have an Idea where to move most corals..
If your tank is maturing as well as it seems, why not just be a little bit more patient until the tank is at least a year old if it will potentially help the anemone survive? Your desire to have the animal should directly reflect on your dedication to providing a stable home, and statistics are on the side of caution that you should wait a bit longer. Your tank isn't going anywhere but up, and anemones will still be sold in the future.

HoopsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anemone

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com