Anemone split

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cathyjane

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had posted about a month ago about my sabe splitting which it didn't, it's just massive but now, my bubble has actually split! They are two seperate intities! My tomato is now very busy because he is hosting all 3! I'll try to post pics later. It's amazing, I have seen my tomato feed both splits. and they are about 4" apart since the split. Any comments are welcome!

Awsome! my BTA split 11 days ago. Reason my bta split was because I changed out my old MH bulb to a new one and that must of stressed my bta to split. It takes about 2 weeks or so for the bta to form a new mouth again. So you can hold off on the feedings.

my clowns also travel back and forth between anemones and now they have their own beds to sleep in at night :jump:

You got any pics? Here is a pic of mine that split.

img_248277_0_65bfed627e09c6c0ddf3f45bed014eff.jpg

Split pics

Here's a couple of quick pics I took. I think you can see them both pretty well in this shot. Don't have a clue as to why they split. My tomato tried to feed the one in the back last night but I can't see him well enough to see if he has a mouth. Do they split at the mouth?

Cool. from what I've read is that they do usually split at the mouth and sometimes they will hide in a dark area for a few weeks.
The bta located in the back of the pic I posted started to come out a little bit more yesterday.

Here is link about BTA's that a hobbiest created. Also you can read about the splitting process. http://www.freewebs.com/karenssaltwater/

Thanks for the link. That was a great article on splitting. I'll have to make sure I do a water change soon.

Back
Top Bottom